Saturday 27 July 2013

Best. Event. Ever

Actually that's not quite true. The following are the best events ever in order:
1) Arceus
2) Darkrai
3) Shiny Rayquaza

But this is also an excellent event. It is a UK only event, so I'm sorry if it doesn't cover you, but keep reading, it gets funny I promise . The event comes in three parts:
1) August 30-September 12   Shiny Dialga
2) September 13-September 26 Shiny Palkia
3) September 27-October 12 Shiny Giratina
These pokemon will be given away in Game, which works for me because it's one of the few shops I can get to in the Highlands.

Now I must admit that I expressed my excitement about getting three of my favourite pokemon in shiny form before seeing them. The first shiny pokemon I ever caught was a Liepard. It goes from purple to...purple. You'd never know it was shiny. Dialga is only a bit better. It goes from blue to turquoise. Turquoise is a shade of blue. It is one of my favourite colours, and Dialga looks great in it, but again it's hard to tell it's shiny. This irritates me, but not as much as Palkia. There is one major problem I have with Palkia, which is nothing to do with typing, movepool, stats, or ability, which I love, love, love and can't complain about.No, my problem with Palkia can be summed up in three words: GIANT PURPLE PENIS! I know, you can't unsee it now. It even has testicles. How did this pass the testing phases? Some other pokemon, like Castform, bear a passing resemblance to genitalia, but this I just can't with. What is the one thing that would make Palkia look more phallic? Painting it pink. Congratulations Gamefreak, you now have a legendary pokemon with the worst design ever. I am sarcastically clapping, which is an impressive feat while typing. Giratina's not half bad, having a recognisable colour change and looking pretty good. But as a set I'm gonna stick with my usual normal forms. Best event ever. This sucks.
See what I mean?



No comments:

Post a Comment