Thursday 4 July 2013

Insert sword pun here

So I had my dragon/non-dragon battle tonight, and when I've come up with enough expletives I'll put something up on it (probably tomorrow.) But for now, they've spoon-fed us another new pokemon. Its name will be Monorpale in France, Hitotsuki in Japan, and it will be based on a sword. Oh, who am I kidding? It is a sword. Look:

Yes, this is actually a pokemon. Since it's you, here's another, of it in battle with a Golem which looks cooler than ever:

It'll be steel/ghost type, which is great typing, and I really love its design. Odd as it is, that works for ghost types. More as it comes, people. Promise

And more has come. The new pokemon's English name will be Honedge, which may be the coolest name ever. It works on so many levels. I'll leave you to find them yourself. It is 2"07 and weighs 4.4lbs. That's a tricky one because it combines what is typically one of the lightest types with one of the heaviest, so we'll go for that. Apparently it is made when a spririt possesses a human's sword. That is what I think the ghost type should be doing. It can use the blue cloth as an arm, which makes sense because I wondered how it would attack. Trainers who grab the sword may find themselves grabbed and their energy drained. Sounds like a signature move! One confirmed move is swords dance. I can't sign off on that, because a swords dance is a traditional Scottish dance performed over swords, or a dance with swords. But either way, some swords dancers make sense, but a sword cannot perform a swords dance. I assume it was done so people wouldn't say "Y NO SWORDS DANCE?" but it makes no sense. Bad move. Really cool pokemon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment