Saturday 13 July 2013

The Root of All Evil

Why are you hearing a trumpet fanfare right about now? We'll get to that in a minute.

One of the other pieces of information to be revealed yesterday was the name of the evil group, the Team Rocket of Gen VI. That's all, their name and their mission, which is to make money. So why am I playing the trumpet? Because its name is Team Flair, possibly Team Flare.
*DAN-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DAAAAAAAN*
Why does that make me so happy? Because if you're one of my "pokemon friends," or if you've read one of my posts I put up a while back, you'll know that one of my big wishes for X and Y was that the evil team would NOT focus on dark and poison types. And Flare? That has to be fire type surely. Mind you, I have reservations. Big ones. Fire just would not have been my choice for replacing dark and poison. I mean, yes, it is the only other type that can really be construed as "evil" besides maybe dragon, and that ain't happenin'. So that's cool, very Series of Unfortunate Events. But I've been thinking about it, and you're sure to be seeing this team all through the game, probably three or four times from start to finish. And once again, as when they were constantly using poison types, grass types are in some trouble. I mean, is it not time for good things to happen to grass types? Mind you, I've expressed my opinion before that Chespin might evolve into a grass/rock type, so there's that. But as, it seems, always within the game water types get to sit and smile smugly as they carve down the evil team with ease, unleashing surf after surf on countless helpless Litleos. Still, I was speaking to a friend last night and these were my words: "it seems like they might be more redoing the old games than doing anything innovative. That might work for new people but it'll piss off hardcore fans like me." So a somewhat new evil team is a start. Either it will be a fire type team or, horror of horrors, it's going to be a dance-theatre-cum-evil-team, who will pirouette onto the scene and be evil. Flare!
Poise! Passion! God, I hope not.

ETA:I've just seen the first video of Team Flare, and that is definitely a fire-type team. The guy used Houndour, who being moderately weak and dark-type has long been an evil favourite. But he is CLEARLY a fire-type trainer, so much so that Chili might come up to him and say "Dude, enough with the fire, we get it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment